Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thanksgiving and latest on me.....

This year for Thanksgiving I was lucky enough to go back to North Carolina for a visit! I spent a week with Audrey and her family. It was great!! I got to relax, spend time with my sister, play with the kiddos and enjoy warm weather. It never knew it could be so great living in the south in November. While it was snowing in Salt Lake I was in a T-shirt and flip flops. Life could not have been better. My nephew Michael is at a really cute age and I could not resist his little voice calling,"Biki please come play with me." We played dragons and horses and cars. I wish that I could just stop them from growing up, but I am grateful for the moments that I do get with them.
We ate thanksgiving dinner at a family friends house and it was an interesting experience. I had never spent the holiday with other people besides family. I am grateful that Scott and Audrey have found some good friends out there. They were very nice to let me join their party and I enjoyed myself. I did not want to come home, it was such an amazing week. I miss them, but it is fun to get away and visit.

On another note, most of you know that I am now unemployed. Yay, for life changes and curve balls. Although I loved my job and miss the people that I worked with I know that there is something out there for me. It will be exciting to find out what it is, whatever it may be. My mom has kept me busy with projects and I know that she is enjoying my free time. I am also enjoying having some time that I am not used too. I have things to look forward to, work towards and experience, should be a good time.

2 comments:

  1. First of all - YAY that you were able to visit your sister! totally awesome!

    but oh no!!!!! You lost your job!?? That is a huge curve ball! Where are you living right now? Maybe you can get a job closer to your home now, right? And maybe a less stressful job? I love your confidence that you'll figure it out and all will be well. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit but when are you coming back?

    ReplyDelete