9 years ago
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Cake Decorating Weeks 3 and 4
So sorry that I was behind with posting my weekly creation from cake class. So The picture below is from week three. We learned how to make flowers. There is a ribbon rose(which I still nee to improve on) a pom pom flower(far right) and a shaggy mum. My mum got a little to shaggy.......ops!
For the last week of class we had to decorate a full cake. I was ready to spend time baking the cakes and making them perfect so that when I got to class I would be all ready to start decorating. Of course real life had different plans. I was about to throw my cake out of the window before I even made it to class. For some reason the oven was not working. The first cake had been in there for 35 minutes and it still was runny in the center. When It did finally cook, there was a HUGE bubble on top, which is not good for cake class. So on to cake number 2. SAME THING HAPPENED. So jump in my car and run to store. Keep in mind that I still have to frost the stupid thing and get the other frosting ready and colored to decorate it in class. After one minor break down I finally dealt with the cake that came out of the oven on the third try, and whala.....
I will be starting the next course which is "Flowers and Cake Design" next week. So there will be at least four more weeks of creations to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ok, when you come out here I want some lessons. Your flowers are amazing. My pathetic frosting skills need some help!
ReplyDeleteOoooh, that cake is pretty! Makes me want to take a class.
ReplyDeletenice job!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! Seriously! Can I hire you to make Taylor's birthday cake in 6 months?!
ReplyDelete