Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011!!

Wow!!! I cant believe that it is 2011 already. However, so far I am not complaining it has been a great year. Yeah it started off with still being unemployed and taking a trip to the ER in Logan at 5:00 am on new years day, but it could only go up from there right?? So a little catch up on me.......

The Job front: I have been interviewing with a company to be their events coordinator. It would be a great job and one that I would enjoy. I would be planning all their internal events and yearly sales conferences. I am now waiting to see if I will get the job so keep your fingers crossed.

Christmas: This was one of the best Christmases that I have ever had. To be honest the last couple of years Christmas has not been all its cracked up to be. Spending time with family was great, but that was about it. However, this year was the complete opposite. I was enjoying everything about the holiday season, because I was with people how were enjoying it to!! Those who know me, know that I like to give surprises and gifts to people. It makes me happy. I was actually able to give someone a gift that they were just as excited about getting as I was about giving it. It was fabulous!!

I wish that I had taken a picture of my cute cute tree, but I forgot! I got some new ornaments this year as well as some garland that matched and it was to die for. My roommates called it the Dr. Seuss tree. I don't know why, maybe because it was all color coordinated??? In my family we have what we call "Explosions" coming out of the top of the trees. That term was lovingly given by my brother in law Scott. Instead of a star, we have a bunch of really cute stuff in a cluster at the top of the tree. In all honesty does look like an explosion but a really cute one!! I had the biggest explosion this year. I might have to be careful, cause this was the first year I did it and if I keep adding to it I might be in trouble. Opps!!

New Years: Best new years ever! Even with the trip to the ER I had a great ending and start to the new year. I enjoyed myself the whole weekend!!! I would not have wanted to spend it any other way.

P.S. If you want to hear about the ER trip you will have to call me.....but I am still living and everything is great.

I am excited to see what this year has in store. I will get to welcome a new niece into the family, which is always fun!! I will also get to see one of my best friends have her first baby. By see I mean pictures when she sends them. Not, that I would actually be there when she has the baby. Love you Ash, but yeah....just going to stop right there. :) Hopefully I will get to start a new adventure with a job. It will be a challenge that I am kinda looking forward to. Until that happens I am thoroughly enjoying my free time. I take naps during the day, spend time reading books, I go out to lunch and dinner with friends and don't get out of bed until around 10:30 if I don't have to. So.... I will repeat that so far 2011 is starting out to be a great year!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, love you too! But there is a reason the only one going to be there is Todd- I wouldn't want anyone else hearing what is going to come streaming out of my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ER trip? You should send a detailed email about it to the grammas. I'm sure we'd all like to hear it!

    Good luck with the job! Way to stay positive :)

    ReplyDelete