Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Planning a Wedding in 5 Weeks

**Long Post**
Trust me...it can be done! The first thing that helped us out was, we just wanted something small and simple with family and a few close friends. Second, I knew exactly what I wanted and which vendors I wanted to use. When we contacted them they were all available! That is something that rarely happens. Third, my fiance was fantastic and wanted to be involved but also would say, 'Whatever you want will be fine." Fourth my wonderful mother really stepped up and went above and beyond in helping me plan things because I had to be at work all day during the week. Fifth, we choose to get married in the middle of the week. We were able to avoid some of the August wedding craziness but doing it on a Tuesday afternoon. Last but not least things just seemed to fall into place. I could just enjoy the planning process and not stress out about anything because I knew it would all work out, and because I was so happy I didn't really care about anything except getting to marry Craig. So here is the timeline of how things went down:

Monday - July 11th - We get engaged

Wednesday - July 13th - Book date and time with the Salt Lake Temple. When I called the temple I was just hoping that they would have at least one spot open. SL is really busy in August with weddings, but when I called ALL TIME SLOTS WERE OPEN! We got to pick the time we wanted. That night we went to dinner with my whole family and told my sisters we were engaged.

Thursday - July 14th - Book the Memorial House in Memory Grove for the dinner. Look at wedding invitations on line to get some ideas

Friday - July 15th -  Book Culinary Crafts as the caterer. Set up time to meet with Mary (the owner() on the 22nd. They were my favorite caterers when I worked at the Olympic Park and I always knew I wanted them to do my wedding. Call some leads on houses to rent for when we are married.

Friday - Sunday July 15-17th - Spend the weekend in Castle Dale with some friends at a cabin.

Monday July 18th - Meet Craig for lunch to pick out my wedding band and re size my ring. Make a reservation at the Bed and Breakfast where will go our first night. I did this so it was a surprise for Craig. Go to the printers to order the wedding announcements

Tuesday July 19th - See the musical Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at the Hale Center Theater with Craig and my parents

Wednesday - July 20th - Meet with the florists during lunch to talk about the flowers. Approve the wording for invitations so they can start the printing.  Site visit at the Memorial House to talk about set up, layout and flow of the dinner. Bees game with friends

Thursday July 21st - Dinner with my parents and Craig's Parents so they could meet

Friday July 22nd - Meet with the photographer in the afternoon. Meet with the caterer to talk about the menu. Get our engagement pictures taken in the evening.

Friday - Saturday July 22-23rd - Spend the weekend in Bear Lake with Craig's family for the holiday. I also found out that the roommates found someone to take my place in our house. So I have to out by August 1st!

Sunday July 24th -  Stuff all 500 announcements in one night with the help of my parents in Oakley. It was a pretty good system. Me and my mom would but the announcements together and my dad and Craig would stuff them. As they were doing this they were watching Harry Potter #1, seriously I am not joking.

Monday July 25 - Go look at the house that we would really like to rent.

July 26 - 28 - Pack up my room, pick out a picture to send out with the announcements. Send the order to Costco to be picked up on Wednesday.

Wednesday July 27th - Finally fit in some time to go shopping for Craig's birthday present. Pick up the pictures from Costco.

Thursday July 28th - Move into the really cute house that we rented. Spent the first night in my new house all alone.
Friday July 29th - Craig's birthday. Meet with the cake lady and order the cake.

Friday July 29 - Sunday July 31st - Spend the weekend in Bear Lake with friends for Craig's big birthday bash.

Monday August 1st - Have my bridals taken in Oakley

Tuesday August 2 - Wednesday August 3 - Start to pack up Craig and move some stuff over to the house.

Thursday August 4th - Have a date night were we do non-wedding stuff and just enjoy time together

Friday August 5th - Took the day off to unpack my boxes and clean things up around the house a little.

Sunday August 7th - Interview with my bishop and stake president for my recommends.

Monday August 8th - Order Craig's wedding ring

Tuesday August 9th -  Get my hair cut and colored

Wednesday August 10th - Work event that I had to be in charge of

Thursday August 11th - Work threw me Bridal shower in the afternoon. Dinner party with some friends

Friday August 12th - My sister Audrey who lives in North Carolina flew in with her WHOLE family. It was only going to be her and my brother in law Scott and their new baby. But... they surprised me and flew out their other three kids as well! It was a great surprise!!

Saturday August 13th - Family bridal shower in Logan with my sisters and Craig's sisters and sister in laws.

Sunday August 14th - Family dinner with everyone in Oakley

Monday August 15th - Both Craig and I were running around like crazy doing last minute errands. We both took the whole wee off so that we could have Monday as a day to get ready.

TUESDAY AUGUST 16TH - GET MARRIED!!!!

Wednesday August 17 - Sunday August 21 - Honeymoon in Cabo Mexico!

Wow it kinda makes me tired just thinking about all of it again. I am sure that I missed some things along the way, but that will give you a pretty good idea of the craziness. So, if I happened to neglect you or if your tried to get a hold of me and never called you back I am sorry I was just a little busy. On top of all of that we were both working full time. I think I only got 4-5 hours a sleep a night. I had to be running a pure adrenaline. Even with the craziness of it all I would not change a thing. It was so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment