Friday, July 2, 2010

Ashville and the largest House in North America

I was in North Carolina for Memorial Day. Since Scott had the day off we decieded to take a little road trip to Ashville. Home to the largest house in North America built by George Vanderbuilt. First off we had to stop at the largest and most fancy McDonalds we had ever seen. REALLY, this place was crazy. There was a baby grand in the corner, copper ceilings and flowers on each table with a large stone fire place in the center. See for your self.........
Also, Scott had been hearing all these things about how the sauage biscuts are supposed to be made from scratch every morning. We were a little suspicous because it is McDonalds. However, we each got one and there is diffinatly something different becuase they were delicous!! Me and Audrey had to go back to the golden arch one more time before I left....they were that good.
On to the house. WOW I don't know how to describe it. It was incredible! I would have loved to been able to stay there for a week or so when it was first built. The walls in the master bedroom were covered in 18K gold. The walls in the breakfst room were made out of spanish leather and that is just the begining. We took the audio tour and it was so worth it. The library looked like it could have come out of the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. It was complete with a spiral stair case and walk around path along the top of the shelves. We could have spent all day in the house and we pretty much did.
Front view of the house
I have lots of other cool pictures of the house and stuff, but they are taking forever to load. I have been working on this post for about two weeks and want to move on. It was a great trip none the less!

No comments:

Post a Comment