The Vancouver Olympics are here!! I will admit that my excitement has increased since I started working at the Olympic Park. I always liked the games, but now that I know a lot of the athletes I'm more involved. It has been really cool the last couple of weeks with the US teams here training. Bobsled, Skeleton, Luge, Nordic Combined and Aerial Free Style were all here. Since last April working with the media was added to my job description. So I was in the middle of all the action. At the start and finish with the sliding athletes, and the bottom of the hills for the skiing sports. There is such a level of dedication that these people have. They are doing it for the love of the sport. I talked to a lot of them and hearing their stories of how they got to this point was interesting. I am surround by the Olympic spirit now more than ever and hope that for the next two weeks you all will catch the bug.
The opening ceremonies are tonight at 7:30 pm on NBC. Watch them, they will be AWESOME! So that you can feel cool and pretend to know athletes as well here is a list of names from the US teams to look out for. Lets hope they bring home some medals!!! GO USA!!
Bobsledding -
Steve Holcomb - The Night Train
Steve Mesler
Justin Olsen
Nick Conningham
Shauna Rohback
Skeleton -
Zach Lund
Noelle Pikus - Pace
Luge -
Megan Sweeney
Erin Hamlin
Aerials-
Shannon Bahrke
Emily Cook
Jeret "Speedy" Peterson
9 years ago
Any of your friends won yet? I haven't watched too much.
ReplyDeleteYeah Shannon won Bronze in the women's Mogal Aerial competition. Skeleton is training all this week. I believe the women Luge has gone or will be soon, but I dont know the out come yet. I will keep you posted.
ReplyDelete