***THE VERY LONG OVER DUE STORY/PICTURES OF THE ARRIVAL OF BENNETT**
The story of getting him here started on September 12th when I went to my weekly doctors appointment. My doctor was a little worried that I was measuring a little smaller than she would like. She said that she would like to do an ultrasound to see if baby was ok. When we got to take a look she said that things were ok, but he was border line growth restrictive. My doctor was concerned that if we let him stay in there to much longer we could have some serious problems and even get into the territory of a still born. We set a date for me to be induced a week later and she sent us home. I was given instructions to count his kicks about three times a day. We wanted to make sure that he was still getting what he needed from the placenta. So the counting began and I was feeling really good. I was excited that my doctor was going to deliver him and I knew exactly when we was coming. It took alot of the stress away for me. However he had a mind of his own. Friday afternoon I was at lunch with Craig and my back starting to ache. It would come and go and I thought it would just go away. When Craig came home that night the pains had not stopped, in fact they were getting closer together. But, being stubborn as I am I was not about to admit I was in the early stages of labor, I kept saying that they would go away. We were planning to have a BBQ with some friends on Saturday so I was moving forward with those plans.
I made Craig get in the car and drive us to the store to get some food. So I was walking (more like shuffling) through the store with a death grip on the shopping cart. But, I was still determined that I was having this baby on Wednesday and my doctor was going to be the one to deliver him. As the night went on and the contractions got closer together I still was not going to admit what was happening. Around 8:30 Craig started packing the car just incase. Around 9:00 I gave in and we went to the hospital...ok skipping ahead things went pretty fast, my epidural was heaven and things went pretty smooth.
Since then things have been really hard but they have been good. Craig is a great dad and Bennett is just getting cuter. It is hard being away from family but we hope it is not forever. Ok, that is the kinda short/long story of Bennetts birth.
 |
| The drugs finally kicked in so I was a lot happier |
Our sweet little boy is here!! He came a week early on September 15th at 4:18 in the morning. He weighed 5 lbs 9 ounces and was 19 inches long.
 |
| Daddy holding Bennett for the first time |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa Bingham came to visit! My dad was here for a week and my mom stayed for three! It was so nice |
 |
| Going home |
 |
| His first bath |
 |
| Just an idea of how small he was. That is a new born onesie |
 |
| My sister Audrey came to visit during conference weekend. It was so great, I loved having her visit!! |
yay thanks for sharing the story! I like the name. It was the name I liked the most until I saw a recommendation for Beckett online :)
ReplyDelete