Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Weekend of Relaxation and Theater

Two years ago my mom and I took a last minute trip to Ceder City for the Shakespearean Festival. We saw two shows in one day and had a great time. Ever since we have talked about going back and after seeing this years season we knew it was time to take another trip. We invited my aunt who lives in Nevada to drive up and meet us there. Cause my dad could not go. The three of us had a GREAT time. We saw "39 Steps" which is an Alfred Hitchcock comedy, Shakespeare's "Much a do about nothing" and Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice." It was that last one which really got us down there. We met up Friday night and saw 39 steps. Then saw the other two on Saturday ending with the fabulous Jane Austen. We went to the same restaurant for dinner both nights because it was so good we had to try everything. We slept in and did a little shopping. There was no real schedule that we had to stick to out side of the performances so we just took it easy! I was so relaxed and completely enjoyed myself. The performances were incredible. I enjoyed every minuet! They are so talented I am just amazed each time I go down there. Ending with Pride and Prejudice was a great idea. Mr. Darcy was perfect and the play was true to the book of course and we all left very happy. If you have never been to the festival I recommend you go at least once. It is the perfect weekend trip and I promise you will love it! I so enjoy live theater and the Shakespearean Festival is some of the best.

2 comments:

  1. fun! I'm sad I wasn't home. My in-laws have gone to the shows up there. Makes me want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That great that you had a great time and all . . . but I want to see some pics from your trip!

    ReplyDelete